Holland Symphony Orchestra
● Principal Bass ($90/service)
● Assistant Principal Violin ($85 or $70/service)
● Assistant Principal Viola ($85 or $70/service)
● Assistant Principal Cello ($85 or $70/service)
● Second Clarinet ($50/service)
● Sub-list auditions for other instruments will also be accepted.
● Auditions will be by video recording (mp4 format). All video recordings must be in one file, with the solo and excerpts performed consecutively and without stopping the recording device between them.
● In the event that video recordings are insufficient to determine a position, applicants may be asked to audition in-person in Holland during the month of September.
● Video auditions accepted through May 31.
● Three to four minutes of any standard concerto, and any four standard orchestral
excerpts. The excerpts should be selected to display a variety of musical periods, styles, and technical demands.
● Email Greg Bassett (HSO operations/personnel manager) with questions or to send in an mp4, at email@example.com, or call him at 216-849-7117.
Holland Symphony Orchestra’s yearly calendar includes four classical concerts, two holiday concerts, and two summer pops concerts. Chamber music and educational performance opportunities may be available. Principal and assistant principal positions have minimum attendance expectations.
Format: Auditions can be either in-person (Holland, MI), or by video recording (mp4 format).
- Three minutes of any standard concerto, and
- Any four excerpts from standard orchestral literature.
Email Greg Bassett, personnel manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org, to schedule an audition time or with any questions or concerns.
Holland Symphony Orchestra’s yearly calendar includes 3 classical concerts, two holiday concerts, one spring discovery concert, and two summer pops concerts. Pay scale for 2022-2023 is $32-55, depending on part assignment. A mileage stipend is sometimes available.
For membership in Junior Strings, students need 1 year of playing experience. Exceptions to grade level are possible with permission of the director. Call the office with any questions/or to sign up. No audition is needed but advance registration is requested.
Applications will be received throughout the summer. Audition videos for returning students (Junior Strings students auditioning for Concert Strings, Concert Strings students auditioning for HAYO, HAYO second violins auditioning for first violin) due August 1.