Holland Symphony Updates:
- Our regularly scheduled 2020-2021 fall and spring concerts will be postponed until next season with one change. We are planning to perform Beethoven 9 as the final concert of the rolled over 2021-22 season. Both Hope College and Holland Chorale are on board and the soloists have been contracted. (You might consider joining with one of those choirs to join us in the magnificent work!)
- Watch for added spring “Pop Up” concerts. If Michigan is at Stage 6 in enough time to re-gather our orchestra and plan spring concerts, tickets will be sold as single-ticket general seating concerts, not part of a season ticket. Time will tell as all of us work through this pandemic in uncharted ways.
Three options for current Season Ticket holders have resolved themselves:
- 69% of this year’s season ticket holders “rolled over” their tickets and will be automatically subscribed with their current seats for the 2021-22 season.
- 27% of this year’s season ticket holders donated the cost of their tickets. HSO is most appreciative of this donation as we work to sustain the expenses which support the rent, utilities, operations, and small staff. We look forward to seeing you back again eligible for the “Early Bird” option when you buy your tickets for the 2021-2022 season, which means that you will be able to save your current seats!
- 4% of this year’s season ticket holders asked for a refund.
- Only about 10 people did not respond to email or phone messages and HSO will consider those tickets in the “roll over” category.
We are grateful for your support through donations, ticket purchases and many encouraging words. Our board members have attempted to call donors and ticket holders over the summer months thanking you for your support of the orchestra. Calls were made to those for whom we have viable phone numbers. It has been good to hear your comments and support for the orchestra. You are invited to stay connected with HSO musicians and staff through our “HSO Intermissions” available on our website: www.hollandsymphony.org or Facebook page or YouTube page.
This current time is only an intermission—the music will return as soon as we can do it safely.